Monday, June 8, 2009

Hmmm... I think I got lost in the "Land of Lost"

So I figured why not go and check out this remake that was so popular in the 70's maybe get a laugh or two, basically go to get entertained.I will have to say that it started off good and in a catchy way. I would say that the first 15-20 minutes of it was not super-grand but it decent. Then from the 17 min mark Will Ferrell started pretending like he is funny. Why pretend you should be able to do that naturally, well at least in the past you have....lol

Based on the classic television series created by Sid and Marty Krofft, “Land of the Lost” features classic characters, playful performances and plenty of surprises. Marshall’s research assistant Holly (Anna Friel) and a redneck survivalist (Danny McBride) named Will round out the trio of unlikely explorers chased by T. Rex and stalked by painfully slow reptiles known as Sleestak.

And to think their only ally—a primate named Chaka (Jorma Taccone)—will have to help them navigate and escape through the hybrid dimension before they become permanent refugees in the “Land of the Lost.” This movie was one of those that causes pain that is almost unforgivable. Considering the budget used to create this film, it was like pulling teeth to get through it all the way. And because if I paid money to see it I'm not walking out, I guess i was just trying to give it the benefit of the doubt. Wrong choice! I think I expected to be rolling in my seat with laughter and unfortunately that was not the case. As far as characters go their is basically Dr. Rick Marshall and his three sidekicks (the good ol' boy survivalist, the eye-candy groupie, and the boy-faced ape man). You try to laugh at the jokes and the occasional slip of the curse word but it just doesn't cut it.... (sad face!!)


All I can say is that some remakes should be left alone and this is one of them. In its defense I will say that the movie serves more as a parody of the original TV series, versus a direct remake of the show.


Grade: C

No comments:

G-Breezy's Favorite Movies

  • Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum
  • Die Hard series
  • Do the Right Thing
  • Fracture
  • Idlewild
  • Imitation of Life
  • Inside Man
  • James Bond series
  • Love Jones
  • Malcolm X