Tuesday, September 1, 2009

This might need to be the last one...

Now don't get me wrong the Final Destination franchise was one that I was very interested in and made sure that I saw each and every one. However, with this one I was somewhat disappointed with the fourth installment. For me I could really care less if it is in 3D or not, that's pretty much a bonus that I could do with out. Grant it there was A LOT of hype surrounding this movie and to a degree it performed but on the other hand it was not all that GRAND!! When it comes to a movie like this you do expect acting you just expect a good action & horror flick, especially horror.




I will be honest with you there is not much into reviewing this flick except the fact that the 3D was pretty cool, but that is it!! It was not as impressive as I anticipated, and that makes it very disappointing. Even though a plot is not expected you still want something worth paying your money for in the long-run. I kinda of hope that this is the final one, because it struggled to stay on the brain.


This is one of those franchises that could have done extremely well if it stuck with ONE director instead of switching midstream and then going back. And its obvious because one can tell that the first and third (directed by James Wong) were way better than the second and fourth (directed by James Ellis).


Now another complaint I had was that it was far too short for a film like this, 80 minutes is not going to cut it when you are dealing with a horror flick. That pretty much teases the audience and gets them all excited ...AND then the major let-down. I would also advise you to not watch the previews too much, in this instance it taks away from the film...trust me the surprises are gone but you can at least act like you would be suprised.

Well we shall see what happens from this point but hopefully the right decision will be made if any future endeavors are in the works.

Grade: C-

No comments:

G-Breezy's Favorite Movies

  • Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum
  • Die Hard series
  • Do the Right Thing
  • Fracture
  • Idlewild
  • Imitation of Life
  • Inside Man
  • James Bond series
  • Love Jones
  • Malcolm X