Wednesday, August 12, 2009

My American Hero: "G.I. Joe"

I know who my American hero is!! G.I. Joe!! Well I must say I was very excited about seeing this film, and I was not disappointed at all with it. From beginning to end, your attention was grabbed and you had no choice but to be glued to the screen. Just think what could be better than seeing an "elite" military unit comprised of special operatives destined to save the world.

Its interesting how we are able to go ten years into the future and see the emergence of the Cobra organization as well as the induction of of both Duke (Channing Tatum) and Ripcord (Marlon Wayans) into the G.I. Joe squad. Now I will admit if there was a major flaw is was that the movies did seem a bit "loud" noise wise. One kinda could have felt like there were literally in a battlefield but just worse. To a small degree it was somewhat of a distraction but then at the same time it did kind of enhance the film as well. On the flip side be prepared for the unexpected because it will get you if you don't pay close attention to the storyline and details. You will have the opportunity to piece things together so that you can better understand the story of G.I. Joe and that's a great thing considering you don't have to have any real prior knowledge.


Keep this in mind the one thing that Transformers 2 had over G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra was the actual fighting scenes. Transformers was bit more clear and precise whereas G.I. Joe lacked that in a few areas. One could not really appreciate the fight sequences because they went ot fast. However, this ensemble cast was just right to entertain as well as make us believe. We were able to see veteran actors, some semi-new, and a few fresh off the docket!! And from those pairing I can have greater respect for the people involved in the cast. There was a perfect combination of humor, seriousness, excitement, and of course action. If you are a fan of the morning cartoon and comic book you will definitely appreciate what the movie has to offer! This is a definite must "go see film" it will appease your pallette of fun and action, and top it off the special effects will literally blow your mind. G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra is another one of those movies set to purely entertain and not be taken too seriously. Stay tuned once the film ends because this is just the beginning, there is definitely more to come!

Perfect Summer Flick!


Grade: B

1 comment:

Remarkable said...

this movie was dope!

G-Breezy's Favorite Movies

  • Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum
  • Die Hard series
  • Do the Right Thing
  • Fracture
  • Idlewild
  • Imitation of Life
  • Inside Man
  • James Bond series
  • Love Jones
  • Malcolm X