Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Trailer Alert: "The Help"

Got a new film for you to be on the look out for ladies and gents...The Help is an upcoming film adaptation of Kathryn Stockett's 2009 novel. Now I have been keeping my eye on this film ever since I found out that Academy-Award nominated actress Viola Davis was in starring in the lead role. Check out the synopsis and a clip...


Aibileen Clark (Viola Davis) is a middle-aged African-American maid who has spent her life raising white children and has recently lost her only son; Minny Jackson (Octavia Spencer) is an African-American maid who has often offended her employers despite her family's struggles with money and her desperate need for jobs; and Eugenia "Skeeter" Phelan (Emma Stone) is a young white woman who has recently moved back home after graduating from college to find out her childhood maid has mysteriously disappeared. These three stories intertwine to explain how life in Jackson, Mississippi revolves around "the help"; yet they are always kept at a certain distance because of racial lines.


The Help (Trailer No. 1)

I am intrigued to see what this finish product will be but at the same I am a bit skeptical of its overall portrayal. I hate to say the obvious, so I will keep quiet.I guess I should be looking at the bigger picture, so until then I will wait to see what transpires after the film is released.


The Help has a release date of August 12, 2011.

No comments:

G-Breezy's Favorite Movies

  • Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum
  • Die Hard series
  • Do the Right Thing
  • Fracture
  • Idlewild
  • Imitation of Life
  • Inside Man
  • James Bond series
  • Love Jones
  • Malcolm X