Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Support Needed...Atlanta Film Festival Project "WITHIN"

Here on Black Savant Cinema we are always about making sure folks get all the exposure that they can to get their projects seen by the masses! Well I have another one here for ya that needs your support, see below...


WITHIN's Story:
My name is Lorenzo Maldonado and I am a director and independent filmmaker. I started my own video production company called Sibling Rivalry Pictures. I started it with my close friend Chad Marvin whom I met while attending film school. A deep passion for film making and telling my story led us to seek assistance through Indie Gogo.  It is a film about an extremely estranged relationship between father and son. It is the son's passion for art and the woman he meets who shares his passion for art.  As her artwork tells its own story of how she used artistry as her coping mechanism to deal with the absence of her own father. It is this common bond and passion they share that not only teaches him to love freely and forgive but allows him to bridge the gap to the man he once thought would always be out of reach, his father.


The Impact: I want the viewer to relate on all levels to this film. To the parents out there who live with regret as to the life and relationship they could have always had and still could have with their children. To the children who hold out hope or have lost hope in the possibility of feeling worthy in their parents eyes. To the people out there who have met a person that somehow through their own experiences and patience can unlock the ability WITHIN to love and forgive. To carry on and fulfill their purpose.  I fear if this message and story is not told, people will not be able to visually see how they too can overcome their own internal shortcomings and experience life from WITHIN.

For more information on this project go to http://www.indiegogo.com/Atlanta-Film-Festival-WITHIN 

No comments:

G-Breezy's Favorite Movies

  • Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum
  • Die Hard series
  • Do the Right Thing
  • Fracture
  • Idlewild
  • Imitation of Life
  • Inside Man
  • James Bond series
  • Love Jones
  • Malcolm X