Sunday, April 12, 2009

Weekend Wrap-Up

I must admit I was trying to figue out what film to go see this weekend and the decision soon became very simple. With this being a chill weekend for me, I wanted to go see a film that would just give me a good laugh, nothin else! And to my delight I was able to get that out of the film Observe and Report starring Seth Rogan. Let me put it like this I laughed through out the whole film. This is one of those films that if you liked Knocked Up and Baby Mama you will definitely enjoy and appreciate this film.

This film is not meant to receive an Academy Award just purely for entertainment purposes. So please do not come in with any other expectation. I was definitely not disappointed at all laughter all over.

So you have this mall security cop Ronnie Barnhardt (Seth Rogen) who thinks that he is just the bomb as it pertains to keeping the mall shopper safe. Almost to the point where he goes just a tad bit overboard. And on an average, regular day an anonymous flasher exposes himself to several female shopper in the Ridge Mall parking lot. So now Ronnie has made this his mission to capture this "nut" and become the hero. Now as a part of his entourage he has the Yuen twins, Charles (Jesse Plemons) and Dennis (Michael Pena) who have committed themselves to solve this case. Now in Ronnie's quest to solve this case the dream girl Brandi has been approached by the flasher and now he must take serious action...if he only knew his efforts were not needed...lol... So in addition to the mall security being involved the local police have been brought on the case headed by Detective Harrison (Ray Liotta), which ticks Ronnie off even more.

From this point, all hell breaks loose. Ronnie has taken his investigation to the 13th level, he takes interest in a new lady friend, he loses a friend to crime, and the rest well you will just have to see the rest!! trust me it is worth it though.

All in all, the viewers will get what they paid for a good laugh and pure entertainment. Take your buddies, your peeps, and just sit back and enjoy the show.

Grade: B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If this movie is anything like 'Super Bad' or 'Pineapple Express' (which both scored A grades from me) then I definitely need to see it.

Rogen is a comedic force to be reckoned with.

G-Breezy's Favorite Movies

  • Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum
  • Die Hard series
  • Do the Right Thing
  • Fracture
  • Idlewild
  • Imitation of Life
  • Inside Man
  • James Bond series
  • Love Jones
  • Malcolm X