Monday, June 18, 2012

Be On the Lookout Folks...Director Spotlight Ndosi Anyabwile

I am all about giving kudos to those who have made major moves and today's post is no different...

Georgia State University senior film major Ndosi Anyabwile will be making his way to Hollywood to showcase his two-minute film titled Spilled Milk. The film will be screened for "Best Picture" on June 21-23 during the Campus Moviefest (world's largest student film festival).

“This was the experience I needed to take control of what I want in life,” said Anyabwile, whose team name is Gorilla Tactix Entertainment. “Normally, if a contest like this came up I would let it pass me by out of fear that I'm not good enough. However, I realized that I should just make films regardless of what anyone thinks if I want to call myself a filmmaker.”


Anyabwile who also serves as the choreographer, director, editor, cinematographer, and visual effects artist on the film.


“I really enjoy having a finished project to share with people, and it is also great to watch your films improve after each film you make,” said Anyabwile, who has been making films since 2008. “I'm passionate about film because it is a great way for people to visualize what ideas are constantly bouncing around in my head.”


While in Hollywood he will also have the opportunity to attend numerous events including educational workshops and panels led by industry professionals, sneak peak screenings of Hollywood movies, and a red carpet awards ceremony.

That's what I call making things happen!! Watch out Hollywood!! Kudos to ya brotha!! Shine your light!

And for your viewing pleasure check out the feature film below...

No comments:

G-Breezy's Favorite Movies

  • Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum
  • Die Hard series
  • Do the Right Thing
  • Fracture
  • Idlewild
  • Imitation of Life
  • Inside Man
  • James Bond series
  • Love Jones
  • Malcolm X