Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Limitless went above and beyond its own limits!!

"I can't work for you...you would end up being my b&%#@..." Trust me when I say this be the line of the year...its a classic in the making.

Limitless was that movie that sold me on first glance. I have always been impressed with the growth of Bradley Cooper as an actor, and then the fact that he is teamed up with Robert DeNiro...works for me!!

This a movie to go down in the history books. I have to admire the director Neil Burger (The Illusionist & The Lucky Ones) and executive producers for such a creative film. From the moment it begins we are glued to the screen.  This is the type of movie that I like to call "a funny, sci-fi thriller, I say that because it does have its serious moments, but there are fun parts thrown in the pile as well.

The story centers around this myth that humans really only use a small portion of our brains all at one time. And we have Cooper plays Edward Morra, a typical writer who lands a book contract but unfortunately has a terrible case of writers block. So within the first few minutes of the flick his whole life changes...more than once!! But then this infamous clear pill makes its debut and the roller coaster ride begins. And the more I watched this film the more I became enamored with this drug. I was truly amazed how one pill can do so much for one person and hold so much power.

Limitless is a film where you definitely must give kudos to the actors. I must admit Bradley Cooper is truly evolving as an actor (just think about where he started...Sex in the City, tv series). And the fact that he is working side by side with Robert De Niro, it can only improve his game.  Pure chemistry between the two of them, just seeing those two in a film together was enough to pique my interest. And the relationship that builds between the two of them is one to remember. In addition, all of the other characters also contribute their parts in a way that is very fitting. Each of them were able to have their own little show, yet still make it believable and realistic.


And let's not forget it is full of action, twists and turns, humor, and just some good on the edge of your seat viewing. If I give you too much it will spoil it so be like Nike and "Just Do It", see the movie!

All in all, the plot is so smooth that it could have ended before it did and still made a major impact.  Well you don't need me to rant and rave, just go see the film. It is worth every penny. After watching this film you can only just imagine if something like this really existed. However if it did it would truly be a hot commodity. For one week I wish I had what Eddie got, life might not be so bad!

Rating: 4.5 stars out of 5

No comments:

G-Breezy's Favorite Movies

  • Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum
  • Die Hard series
  • Do the Right Thing
  • Fracture
  • Idlewild
  • Imitation of Life
  • Inside Man
  • James Bond series
  • Love Jones
  • Malcolm X