Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Singer Ne-Yo to Become Marvel Comic Book Character

Now this ought to be very interesting...Singer/Songwriter Ne-Yo is teaming up with Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee to create a storybook version of his forthcoming album “Libra Scale.”

“I’ve been a fan for years. I’m trying not to geek-out being with Stan,” he said. “It’s cool I can take this comic element of myself and blend it to the music element. I got to draw characters myself.”
Lee who has created such great characters like Spider-Man, Iron Man and The Hulk – believes the music industry can benefit by embracing comic book culture.

While at the New York comic book convention this past weekend, Lee stated: “Basically a really good rapper or really good music is super because people love it – and it inspires a man, it makes him feel great “Reading a really good comic book with super characters does the same thing. And I promised Ne-Yo that I’m gonna make him feel at home and make sure that he feels comfortable with what we’re doing, because he’s a very shy guy!

“But seriously nothing appeals to young people or even older people as much as a good story and good music, so we’re gonna put them both together.”

Ne-Yo's album “Libra Scale” hits shelves on Nov. 1.

No comments:

G-Breezy's Favorite Movies

  • Bourne Identity/Supremacy/Ultimatum
  • Die Hard series
  • Do the Right Thing
  • Fracture
  • Idlewild
  • Imitation of Life
  • Inside Man
  • James Bond series
  • Love Jones
  • Malcolm X